Monday, February 27, 2012

Owen - 4 weeks

Today, Owen is 4 weeks old!
And, today Owen has decided that he needs to eat constantly! Honestly, I do NOT remember the girls going through growth spurts!! I fed him at 10pm last night, then he woke at 2am - that's not too bad. But then the little booger decided he was hungry at 4, 6, & 8!! ARGH!! I'm tired, little man!!! At 6 am, I tired to convince Marco that he probably just had some gas, but when Owen gave him a hickey, I quickly got roused from my beauty sleep..
I don't think much else has changed in a week. He's growing more. My midwife weighed him again last Tuesday and in the previous 6 days he'd put on another 400g (that's 14 oz!!)! I can certainly see his face and arms and legs filling out at a rapid rate! He'll get weighed again this week, and I'm betting its another similar gain. That 400g put him at 3.950Kg (8 lbs 11 oz), which Jeanette pointed out is what one of her kids was born at. So, he's finally "normal sized!"
I've been working at getting him put to bed on time and getting him to sleep in his bed. Its been a bit hard since we've also been trying to do touristy things this week. But, when we're home, and when I've caught him at the right time, he's done great to fall asleep on his own, in his bed. However, if I keep him up just slightly too long, he gets REALLY alert ... and won't fall asleep. But, a few times isn't bad. Plus, it gives me an excuse to rock him and cuddle him to sleep :)


"Morgan, get off my blanket!!"
We also decided to get some family pictures taken today. 

Siblings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment