Thursday, February 16, 2012

Creativity

I am not artsy. 
I am not musical. 
I cannot sew, knit, or paint. 
I can barely cut a straight line with scissors. 
These are facts. 
And no, it would not be any better if I tried harder. 
I would not learn these things if I tried longer. 
For 30 years, I have tried harder. 
For 30 years, I have tried longer. 
But, these are the facts about myself that I must face. 
Once and for all. 

however, time and time again.. I see something, and I think:
"I could do that." 
Then I try. (I try really hard, sometimes too). 
Wanna guess how it turns out??

Following are a few examples, of my "extra special" creativity in the photography department, as of late. 

First, I saw this picture:
Pinned Image 
Cute, eh?! Yeah.. so, I thought, "that doesn't look that hard.. I can do that!"
Sure.. 
Here's how MINE turned out! 
Whoops! Don't Fall off!! 

So.. then there was this one: (and I'm sorry, but whoever I pinned it from, didn't have it pinned from the right source - sorry)
Pinned Image
But SO cute! right?!

So.. I tried this one too... 





I'm not sure which one is worse..











Anyway.. so, then I spotted these last 2:
http://blog.weathershenker.com/ 
And this one:
http://lindseyagoddardphotography.wordpress.com/

Both of which, I thought were gorgeous since they used the baby's daddy's pilot's hat. 
Well.. can you guess how MINE turned out?
Firstly, I'm not sure how the first photographer got the baby INSIDE the hat.. there's no way, mine would do that!! So, after that.. I think they just go from bad to worse.. I even tried some with both the hat AND the tie.. Shockingly bad!! 






So, there you have it. I am NOT a photographer. At least not of newborns in awesome poses. Strike off one more thing from the vast array of creative choices. Some day, I will be ok with having no creative talents. But until that day comes, I will continue to try my talents against professionals and I will continue to fall short and hard!

Hope you had a bit of a laugh at my expense.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment