Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting Married

So.. Maybe i'm the only one but I have the funniest conversations with my kids around the dinner table. Honestly, I can't imagine how many conversations I would miss out on, if we didn't have dinner altogether.

So, here we sit tonight. Marco is at work (maybe we only have these conversations when he's gone.. ) and we're scoffing a feed of hamburger bun mini pizza's (2 minutes to make, 10 minutes to bake! Mmm, Yum!).
When Morgan pipes up, "Mom! I'm growing and soon I'll be married!!"
No idea why she's talking about getting married - don't think its been a point of conversation today, but whatever.. so, I ask, "Who are you going to marry?"
"Daddy", came the immediate reply.
Oddly perturbed that she's trying to steal my husband, I say, "You can't, he's already married to me. You  have to marry someone who's not already married."
This is a good lesson, by the way. Marry someone who's not already married.
Suddenly, Kelsey pipes up in a completely panic-stricken voice, "But, who can WE marry then??!!"
Daddy is obviously the only man in the entire world. Good to know.
Calmly, I reply, "Well, when you're bigger," mumble (at least 20) under my breath, "you need to find a nice boy who loves God and who loves you."
At this point, I'm thinking.. I'm so wise.. I'm the smartest mommy ever!
"Well," retorts little miss 4 year old smarty pants, "Daddy loves God and Daddy loves me. So, I'll marry daddy."

Well. I guess that settles that.

No comments:

Post a Comment