Sunday, March 4, 2012

So Long, Farewell...

So.. goodbyes are hard. in fact, they suck. Just thought I'd mention it. But, all good things must come to an end.  So, I suppose its the end of my clean kitchen, clean (and folded) clothes, full cookie tins, and happy, occupied preschoolers. Yep, time to say goodbye to Jeanette.

So, with Marco at work all morning, we loaded up the kids, and Jeanette's stuff (after very accurately weighing her bag on my bathroom scales) and headed off to my girls' favorite place - the AIRPORT!!
I think its their favorite place because they can hang on these.. Hmm.. 
 Jeanette got lucky and her bag weighed in at 1.7kg under the weight limit. At which point she tried to decide if she should repack to add a few more things - I decided she shouldn't. :)
she'll hate this picture, but she was a bit pensive about travelling. 
 She admitted that she had a headache and was a bit nervous about the long trip. I reminded her that she'd already done the whole trip already and now she was just doing it backwards. If she was unsure of anything, she should just walk backwards so it looked familiar. I'm so helpful.

Marco flew her plane in and then was done work for the day, so he managed to say good-bye as well. He also double checked the safety of the plane first to make sure it was up to snuff.

Owen - the little cheeky monkey, gave a parting grin in his slumber.

Then, after a few tearful hugs - except for Morgan who didn't want to say goodbye - Jeanette had to board her flight.

Look! That's her climbing up the steps!!
And now, I'm left on my own.
My muffins & cookie supply are already dwindling.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment