Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jeanette's last few days

Suddenly, we woke up one morning and realised that we only had a few days left of Jeanette's visit! AGHH!! As usual, we hadn't gotten around to doing a lot of the things we'd hoped to.

So, we quickly headed down to the beach. We had been waiting for a "nice weather day", but alas, Jeanette's visit was fraught with the crappiest weather ever. So, we all grabbed our jerseys and our jandals and headed off to the beach for the afternoon.

 It still looked like a gorgeous day, even if it was a bit chilly (about 18C)

Proof that Jeanette went in the ocean. 
 And, as usual, the adults never really seemed to grow up!! :)

Here's me at the same beach 2 months ago!!
And here's me now :) My bump's gotten bigger, but I'm still wearing the same pants!!

 After the day at the beach (which was preceded by a girls morning out shopping), I decided I was rather wiped out. Dead tired in fact. Which meant that I was now reconsidering the next day's plans to go for a 2 hour tramp (nature hike). We opted to stay home. In fact, despite our list, we didn't get much else done. Instead, we stayed home, Jeanette did lots of baking (so I wouldn't starve after she left), we ordered Thai food for dinner one night (so I'd be left with a gassy baby) and played games. (Jeanette bought us the game Pandemic. Its really good fun and a great addition to our game collection)

Jeanette had only one thing left on her list of must do's: See Owen smile.

And, let me tell you.. we worked hard on it.

It was easy to see the girls smile.

Kelsey was so incredibly proud when she got to give Owen a feed. 

 But finally at the eleventh hour.. we got Owen to smile.. Of course, catching one of his fleeting grins, proved more difficult, so this is the best we've got for now !!

No comments:

Post a Comment