Thursday, March 25, 2010

Morgan Walking

                      I did it!!

Well.. march 2010 was a big month at our house. the 8th of the month drew bright and sunny and started out as most days do. As the day progressed, I put the girls down for their afternoon sleep and went outside to help Marco with some gardening. After I'd been out there "working" for a few minutes, I decided that it must be getting time for the girls to get up soon. So I went inside to wait. Lo and behold Kelsey woke first (2 hours later) and Morgy soon after. We all went outside and had an ice cream cone on the front lawn (while daddy continued gardening). Kelsey managed to get hers down with limited mess so she stayed out with daddy. I took Morgy in to get cleaned up and washed off. So there I was, in the house, "watching" Morgan (while playing on the computer) when she just stood up and took a step. Because i was at the computer already (being the active and involved mummy that I am), I grabbed the camera and started shooting.



Now 2 weeks has passed.. she's finally taking a few more steps at a time. In fact just yesterday (24th) she'll now walk across the room to get to one of us. Her favourite trick is to walk a super long way to me or Marco and then walk right past and pretend like, "what, so I walk.. I wasn't ocming to you anyway!" And then she turns around wiht a big dumb grin on her face. Or she walks all the way to you and then starts playing peekaboo. Its SO funny!!


Suddenly now Morgan can reach things she never could before. She's such a little toddler. And Kelsey's loving that her little sister "walks". If hse's not imitating Morgy's "walking", she's grabbing Morgan by the wrist and saying, "Come On Morgy, you can do it!" and then dragging her across the room!!

Anyway, I'm super pleased that she's finally walking. I never worry about my kids walking late. Secretly, I prefer it in a lot of ways. But, with a trip next month, I was dreading being on an airplane with a crawler - there is NOTHING more disgusting than crawling up and down an airplane aisles - especially long-haul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment