Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hubby's Birthday!

Well, its my hubby's birthday today. He has to work though - sucks to be him! I think that it should be law that you get a day of annual leave on your birthday - or if your birthday falls on a holiday that you get a day in lieu. I mean, why should new Year's Day be a holiday but not one's birthday!?!
So.. with the help of both parents.. I got Marco the BEST birthday present this year. Firstly though.. allow me to tell you what happened last year. Last year he wanted a welder. He'd been researching for a year, and knew what he wanted. And.. I thought I'd been listening for a year.. and knew what he wanted. So I went to a local store. Asked a few questions.. and they assured me that "this" welder was the one he wanted. But they didn't have it in stock. They could order it in though. Excellent. It wouldn't arrive till the next day. OH. I had left it sort of late.. the next day was his birthday. Well, if they got it sent to a different store 30 km away, it'd arrive by this afternoon. Perfect. Went home, confident in my purchase. later that day, drove the 30 km to pick up this new welder. drove back. wrapped it, hid it. threw something together for dinner. The next day I gave him his present confident that he'd LOVE it. He opened it. Looked at it. Said thankyou and kissed me. then shyly remarked that it wasn't the right kind. let down. He returned it, got his money back. All was good - although in hind sight, I don't think he actually bought anything with that money.. Hmmm...
Anyway.. so this year.. I compiled his parent's gift money, my parent's gift money and a few bucks from my measely savings and ordered the gift I KNEW he'd love - Guitar Hero Metallica. Not just the game either.. but a guitar too. So now we'll have 2 guitars. I gave it him last Saturday.. I was right.. he loved it. But now I have to play with him.. that's not so great.. I've really gotta think through these gifts better!
Anyway.. happy birthday honey. Can't wait to celebrate 60 more with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment