Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mouse in my house

photo source: kids.nationalgeographic.com

The Mouse in My House

The following story is no mere tale
Its a story that's sure to turn you pale
It all began one day in my house
when before me there appeared a mouse!
I was so incredibly scared,
I didn't care how that little mouse fared.
I jumped on top of my wee office chair
My hubby was gone, this just wasn't FAIR!
I promptly fell off that swiveling chair
And ran to my bed, my whole body pale.
I called up Marco, frantic and crying
He didn't answer, my heart was sighing
Why couldn't I have a cat?
Preferably one that's not too fat.

I finally started to calm down,
And took off my night gown.
Went to the store to buy a trap
This mouse wasn't going to give me any crap.
I set it up and left the house
Came back later. but no dead mouse.
Now here we are 3 days later
That mouse is a bit like Darth Vader
It just won't die, it won't be caught,
It won't be trapped, it won't be shot!
Its keeping me awake all night
3 days now, I'm quite the sight.
Last night at a bit past quarter to one
I think the mouse thought he'd have some fun
He started running around in my room!!
My heart beat faster, here comes my doom!!
The mouse seemed to be prancing around in glee
The lights were off, but in my mind I could see
He was probably calling his friends, from far and near
"Check out this house.. let's find their beer!"
I thought about turning on the light
But I figured I just get a big fright.
So I just sat there shaking in fear
Uncomforted by the snoring hubby so near.
And here it is daylight at last
I'm glad the night is in the past.
The mouse must die today, my friend.
When it does that will be the end
Of the quick brown mouse
That's living, in my house.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I've never read a poem about someone seeing and catching a mouse! You are too cute Harmony!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete